SATURDAY evening’s Dubai World Cup race meeting at Meydan Racecourse presents excellent betting opportunities to South African horseplayers. Here are the facts and figures:
Event details: Eight races (seven for thoroughbreds, one for Arabians) carrying total prize money of $26.25 million.
Date/Venue: Saturday 26 March at Meydan, Dubai’s state-of-the-art racing venue.
The races (SA times):
1. (2.35pm) Dubai Kahayla Classic (Group 1) $250,000 – Purebred Arabians
2. (3.15pm) Al Quoz Sprint (Group 3) $1,000,000
3. (3.50pm) Godolphin Mile (Group 2) $1,000,000
4. (4.25pm) UAE Derby (Group 2) $2,000,000
5. (5.05pm) Dubai Golden Shaheen (Group 1) $2,000,000
6. (5.45pm) Dubai Duty Free (Group 1) $5,000,000
7. (6.50pm) Dubai Sheema Classic (Group 1) $5,000,000
8. (7.35pm) Dubai World Cup (Group 1) $10,000,000
Link to final fields and form guides for all races at Emirates Racing: www.emiratesracing.com
The Dubai World Cup has also been included as the last race on the Turffontein card.
This will enable horseplayers to take TAB all to come bets on the Turffontein races into the Dubai World Cup, in which Mike de Kock will saddle Musir and Golden Sword.
The Dubai World will also form the last leg of the second Jackpot at Turffontein.
TAB will operate a Pick 6 on the Dubai World Cup race meeting.
More than 50 tote hubs in some 15 countries will bet into the pool.
Races 3 – 8 Meydan
Pool must be won
All 6 winners: 70% of pool
Any 5 winners: 30% of pool
* If no outright winners, full pool shared by any 5 winners or, if necessary, any 4 winners, any 3 winners etc
R1 unit, R6 minimum, NO fractional betting
Couplings, first-timer rule do not apply
Headline photo by Andrew Watkins.