ONE of the younger sales on the international thoroughbred auctioncircuit, the Cape Premier Yearling Sale has been quick to establish itself as a major date on the sales calendar.
First held in 2011, the sale has already produced an impressive list of major stakes winners including the recent devastating Gr1 Cape Fillies Guineas winner Silver Mountain, who appears to be head and shoulders above the rest of her generation.
A few of the outstanding thoroughbreds sold off the Cape Sale include:
– Act Of War (G1 Cape Guineas)
– Afrikaburn (G1 Golden Horseshoe)
– Carry On Alice (G1 KZN Fillies Sprint, G1 SA Nursery)
– In The Fast Lane (Equus Champion 3YO Filly)
– Lauderdale (G1 Thekwini Stakes)
– Seventh Plain (Equus Champion 2YO Colt)
– Soft Falling Rain (Equus Champion 2YO Colt, sire)
– The Hangman (G1 Premier’s Champion Stakes)
– Yorker (Equus Champion Older Male)
Thirty seven individual stallions from around the world are represented on the two day sale, with some of the very best thoroughbred sires of recent years with progeny up for sale.
The high class Act Of War – one of the illustrious graduates of this sale
The sale is not only strong on sire power. 18 Grade One winners/producers are represented including the dam of Silver Mountain with a Dynasty colt!
This year, the graduates of the Premier Yearling Sale will automatically qualify for the 2017 CTS sponsored $1 million. The inaugural line up set to take place at Kenilworth on January 23rd, promises to be a cracking contest with generation leaders Seventh Plain and Silver Mountain among the likely contenders.
– Sporting Post
*For Syndication buys at CPYS, go to mdksyndicates.com.